- Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme Framework! ›
- Forums ›
- Theme Support ›
- Some small issue with missing profile photo for bbforum / 404.php page?
I am using your wonderful theme, with Slate style for my site, but have a small issue with the bbforum. As you see at http://bit.ly/1FPSfDK, a missing profile photo (?) seems to leave some not too nice-looking space as shown, with the wording “Profile photo of X”. Not quite sure what it should look like, but probably not that.
Is there any way out?
Update on above issue: for some reason, after looking at it now after posting , it seems the image loaded in Firefox, but I am sure it was not loading before, not sure why. For some reason, not loading in I.E. I had originally posted this in the theme forum at WordPress, 2, 3 days ago.
Secondly (a separate question), before switching to this theme, I was using another which has the 404.php page, which I had customized.
<div class=”post”>I do not see any in firmasite, or may be I have not checked well enough. Could you kindly help me know where to find the page not found text I need to add custom text? [I am not a php expert. 😉 ]</div>
<div class=”post”>I have the text “<strong class=”breadcrumb_last”>Error 404: Page not found” appearing in the breadcrumbs menu.</div>
Sorry for late response.
Your first question sounds like server response problem. Glad its gone.
Your second question;
Yes, we dont have 404.php file. index.php file is serving as 404 file but you can easily create a 404.php file and use it in your child-theme.
More details on Template Hierarchy:
Thank you for the solution.
One other unrelated question …
I want to include a page showing weather as on this page http://bit.ly/1JYr2xA. The code is shown when you click the link on that page with title “Expand source”.
The problem, is: I am not quite sure in any case which of the files to add this to.
I assume, …
- I will transfer a copy of the template folder in the theme child folder …
- … include the header code in header.php(?), probably just above the </header>,
- <body onLoad=”onLoad();”> somewhere in one of the files in the template folder, though I could not locate a file with the “<body>” tag (?) … (single_full-page.php??) or which one.
- I assume, too the last bit of code between the body tags, then goes in the textarea of the page to contain the weather content.
Is this correct? Is it OK using this code?
Thank you & kind regards
You can create a page template. Details:
Here is an example:
Remember, you have to select pagename for activating it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.